Tin galvanic coatings
Tinning, also called bleaching, is widely used in the food industry, electrical engineering, electronics and energy sector. Our coatings made of pure tin (99.99% Sn), are characterized by perfect solderability.
Tinning is used mainly for covering of:
- soldering tips,
- contacts and contact rails used in electrical engineering,
- household items,
- machinery in the food industry.
Positive characteristics of the use of zinc coatings:
- perfect solderability (e.g. when covering cooper wires),
- very good contacting and conductivity,
- securing contact surfaces against oxidation,
- protection against the effects of sulfur in the gumming process,
- partial nitriding of steel,
- harmless impact on the human body (e.g. when covering items that come into contact with food),
- high plasticity and low melting temperature,
- providing increased slippage.